Southwest Airlines Phone Numbers and Emails

Bahamas (en Español)
  • (800) 751-9039
    Dominican Republic
  • (800) 826-6667
    Estados Unidos (en Español)
  • (888) 792-8747
    Jamaica (en Español)
  • (866) 289-9673
    Property Left at TSA Check
  • (800) 751-9038
    República Dominicana (en español)
  • (800) 243-8372

securityawareness@wnco.com
Security
suspicious@wnco.com
Is this your business?
More phone numbers and emails Less phone numbers and emails

Southwest Airlines Customer Service Overview

• Southwest Airlines Customer Service is rated at 1.9 out of 5. Consumers who contact the company are mostly dissatisfied. More commonly used way of contact is by phone.

Source Distribution
    96% phone 4% email
  • The best phone number to call Southwest Airlines is 8004359792. 89% of consumers used this number to address their issues and concerns. It is also considered the best number to call, as 81% of customers reported contacting a real person successfully.

• The average hold time is less than 1 minute. The longest wait times are on Tuesday, while the shortest are on Saturday. The average call time is 10 minutes.

• Be prepared for the call as Southwest Airlines may ask you for the following information to identify you as a customer: first and last name, email or phone number.

View full overview ›

How To Contact Southwest Airlines?

Most Popular Number:

(800) 435-9792
Total calls: 3 363 Issues resolved: 200 Last call: May 28, 2024

Southwest Airlines' customer service working hours vary depending on the specific department and method of contact. However, their customer service phone line is available 24/7 for customers within the United States.

To contact Southwest Airlines customer service via chat, you can visit their website and click on the "Contact Us" button at the bottom of the page. From there, you can select the "Chat with Us" option to start a chat session with a representative.

To speak with a Southwest Airlines representative, you can call their customer service number at 1-800-435-9792. This number is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

PissedConsumer Club

1.9 / 5
Poor
Guest-5879005
To get a boarding pass

They were prompt, considerate and. With great customer service took care of my new reservation using a credit from a reservation I had to cancel for medical reasons.

Guest-5770859
Booking Flight

Great Service! Walked me through every options to see which one benefited me better than other. Customer Service

Guest-5769199
Lost luggage claim laxwn7341****

Our attendant Nicky was very helpful. Nicky stayed on with us until all of our Southwest Airlines needs were met.

But after managing all of our claim needs she then asked if there was anything else she could help us with anything else, I requested winning lottery numbers.

Nicky replied that she was sorry that she had issued the ones she had the day before. Someone must have been very happy but we were happy just to talk with her!

Sarah H Ipu
Entering tsa pre check number to my preexisting reservation
stars-rating stars-rating stars-rating stars-rating stars-rating
5.0

The customer service Rep was extremely helpful. He understood my question immediately, spoke clearly, was knowledgeable about and thoroughly resolved my situation.

It was a VERY positive and reassuring experience for me. I will definitely use Southwest Airlines for my flying needs again & again.

Thank you SWAir Rep for your EXCELLENT customer service . I VERY much look forward to my flight later this week.

How Good is Southwest Airlines's Customer Service?

Jocelyn M Idm
Jocelyn M Idm
Feels Disappointed | May 23, 2024

The issue is still not resolved so this is difficult to answer.

Jorel Axe
Jorel Axe
Feels Satisfied | May 14, 2024

Very helpful and courteous, linked my reward # with my flight and sent me the information I needed

Justise Vqg

Very pleased

Keevan Mbz
Keevan Mbz
Feels Satisfied | Apr 29, 2024

The customer service rep I talked with (Carol) was extremely helpful. I'm glad I talked with her.

Meshia Luv
Meshia Luv
Feels Disappointed | Apr 16, 2024

This was my third call, eventually gave a credit with SW for the hotel portion. The hotel was TERRIBLE- *** parking lot drug deals, doors that didn’t close tightly terrible. Unbelievable it was on their vacation hotels list.

Summary of Southwest Airlines Customer Service Calls

18% ISSUES
RESOLVED

Top Reasons of Customers Calls

Consumers Call the Most From

Why Do People Call Southwest Airlines?

Request for Information Question:

• “To find out what time flight leaves”
  • “Checking prices”
  • “Never got a email confirmation”

Activation/ Cancellation Question:

• “Cancell flight confirmation # 23js3k”
  • “To cancel flight”
  • “Accidentally cancelled the wrong flight”

Return/ Replace Question:

• “Change flight”
  • “We are on a cruise we need to change are flights”
  • “Change reservations I”

Product/ Service Question:

• “Damaged baggage”
  • “Order a wheelchair for my flight”
  • “? On app - it doesn't work.”

Account Question:

• “I can't get into my account”
  • “Need to add points to my account and flight”
  • “Login/password”

Refund Question:

• “Refund on trip”
  • “Refund”
  • “Check refund”

Payments and Charges Question:

• “Make reservations /using VA discount”
  • “Used wrong payment method & need to book carry on pet”
  • “See if military discount”

Cards Question:

• “Chase card applied for but no discount applied”
  • “Name change on credit card”
  • “Why is not excepting my credit card”

Shipping and Delivery Question:

• “Check size baggage”
  • “Lost item”
  • “Lost item in baggage claim”

Staff Question:

• “Was having trouble on line so I called great service”
  • “Add service dog to reservation”
  • “Rude workers”

Employment Question:

• “Need tax w2s”
  • “Trying to apply for a job at midway”
  • “Jobs And pay”

Website/ Application Question:

• “Unable to book flight on website”
  • “A list application”
  • “I am stuck reserving fly On the website”

Other Question:

• “Book a flight”
  • “Can't get boarding pass”
  • “Customer complaint”

About

Related Companies

AirTran Airways

Summary

More than 36 years ago, Rollin King and Herb Kelleher started Southwest Airline. What began as a small Texas airline has grown to become one of the largest airlines in America. At the present time, Southwest Airlines flies over 104 million passengers a year to 64 great cities all across the country. Currently, Southwest Airline operates more than 500 aircrafts, including the "Shamu aircraft", "Lone Star One","Arizona One, "California One", "Silver One", to name just a few. Among other services, the company also offers optional services and products include hotels, vacation packages and cruises, cars; event tickets; travel insurance; discounted airport parking; onboard beverages and snacks; checked baggage and the like.

Southwest Airlines reviews and complaints

Southwest Airlines is ranked 37 out of 524 in Airlines and Air Transport category

Area Served

1.8
Allegiant Air
2607 reviews
1.9
Do you have something to say about Southwest Airlines? What happened? What can we help you with?
Submit review Don't show this popup