Had a reservation for flight to Islip, NY and had to cancel. Wife and myself became ill and had to cancel our plans under Dr orders.

Talked to Southwest Airlines about the situation and they said we bought the Wanna Get Away Fare which is nonrefundable. We didn't know we bought this fare. Our travel agent got it for us. Was told by Southwest agent that the airline could make an exception if I email them.

Return email from Southwest Airlines said they won't refund the money. They said that I have a credit that I can use on another reservation if I do it by January 10,2021. We never travel, except when we have to for family, like this time. And we never fly Southwest Airlines because of a problem with them cancelling my points, due to non use.

Again, our travel agent booked the flight for us. If I would have known that the fare was nonrefundable, I wouldn't have accepted it.

User's recommendation: Read the fine print. Don't believe oral conversation. Get it in writing.

Product or Service Mentioned: Southwest Airlines Flight Booking.

Southwest Airlines Cons: Refundcredit unreasonable terms, Policies are not well communicated and financially benefit swa.

Location: 3800 East Sky Harbor Boulevard, Phoenix, AZ 85034

Comments

#1949622

Almost all airline tickets are nonrefundable unless you pay triple price for a refundable fare.And it is not southwest fault your travel agent didn’t know what tickets to book

#1920807

You agreed to the unreasonable terms(through your agent)You should complain to your agent not Southwest.Almost all airline tickets are nonrefundable unless you pay triple the price.

Southwest Airlines Reviews