I am in a wedding in Cancun and scheduled my flight around five months ahead of time through Southwest.I scheduled early due to a medical condition so other people traveling could schedule around me.

(Others are traveling from different states.) I purposely scheduled my flight back to have a layover in Atlanta because other were flying in and out of ATL so I wouldn't be alone. I have medical condition that sometimes causes seizers where I don't realize where I am or who I am. Well Southwest changed my flight and now I will be in Chicago by myself for five hours and not arriving home until a day after I originally planned (this flight has now turned into an overnight flight) I contacted Southwest to see how they could help me resolve this situation. I kept getting transferred from international to customer relations twice waiting on hold for over 20 minutes.

Southwest only solution was to cancel my flight and fly somewhere else or split up my way back and by a ticket to ATL then to my home destination which would cost me an additional $249 (one agent offered this, another said it wasn't possible). I even asked if I could have a friend change their flight so they could ride with me (they were willing to rent a car and drive home to their state) but they told me the flight was full and canceling and or paying an extra $249 were my only options. This upsets me because it is not my fault that my flight was changed. My illness is considered an disability and I offered medical documentation to explain why I couldn't be in Chicago alone for five hours.

I even explained to them I looked at other airlines but now since its getting closer a new ticket is going to cost me an extra $200 plus baggage fee. (My carry on bag has to have my medical supplies so I have to check a bag when flying). No one agreed to assist me at all.

This makes me realize that Southwest does not support those with disabilities.Its easier for them to say cancel your trip then to work with me.

This reviewer shared experience about poor customer service and wants this business to offer any options to resolve the issue. The author is overall dissatisfied with Southwest Airlines. The most disappointing about southwest airlines baggage policy from Southwest Airlines was policy regarding canceling flights Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

This person also mentioned the following companies American Airlines or JetBlue Airways that you may also consider. Also, you can continue reading comments about Southwest Airlines.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Transport category for more informed decision or compare Southwest Airlines to other companies on our site.

Comments