Resolved
1.5
Number of Destinations

Update by user Dec 01, 2017

I was able to apply my previous credit to the current ticket

Original review posted by user Nov 17, 2017

I have a credit with SWest for $214.50 since 8/16/2017. While I was overseas visiting my elderly and sick parent on 11/7/2017 I went online using an Apple phone to book a new reservation.

I only understood that my refund would be applied to a trip that my family was planning for my dad’s 90the birthday that would be on 2/17/18. I was not given a specific stipulation only that I need to travel by 8/17/2018. I tried to call SWest from Jamaica on 11/8 /17 and 11/9/17, because I observed the total cost of the ticket seems to be more than what it should be AFTER the deduction. I was not able to get any results,I decided to call the first chance I get when I returned to the USA.

On 11/15/17 i made many calls from the airport while waiting for my second flight home. I spoke to : Mary (#33) , Chuck, Merita and Angela, they all advised me I will have to take another trip by 8/17/18 because using a cell phone to make my reservation online wouldn’t offer the option to use my previous credit. I need to speak to Customer Relations On 11/17/17 I spoke to Macy (#x237405) who kept me on the phone while she went through the process step by step as to what I would see while making my reservation precious - I was told this area would have my travel funds applied to my current ticket, then issue the refund. Ms Macy said the only thing she can do is cancel my reservation.

I then asked her what would be the results of her action she then told me I would have two credits that I would use within one year of each. I did not give her permission to do so .

I requested a supervisor which she responded he (Matt) was not in today . The solution for me to work with is a refund of the $214.50 , because I am with out a job and going on two trips next year will not be an option.

Review about: Southwest Airlines Flight Booking.

Reason of review: Order processing issue.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I liked: Southwest as the first airline for travel.

I didn't like: Customer service in presidential escalation group, Unwilling to work with customer.

Comments

Even Val Plath of Santa Fe New Mexico who worked for the Glenna Goodacre Gallery on Canyon Rd. fell for the scam of the ticket credits. She is a former Texan who complains like a Red Neck!

I do not like SouthWest policy of Residual Travel when you cancel a flight. Many travelers make mistakes when booking and SouthWest takes advantage of those mistakes by locking the customer into their business. Not good business if you ask me.

"The solution for me to work with is a refund of the $214.50 , because I am with out a job and going on two trips next year will not be an option."

Did you buy a refundable ticket?

If not, why would you expect a refund? If there are no special provisions for life's event, do not agree to the terms.

Simple as that.

Take the lump and remember what was and is important is you got to see your folks.

Marion2017
to Anonymous #1394099

The issue is the system : from my cell phone showed no indication that would allow me to apply my previous credit. Do you work for Southwest ?

to Marion2017 #1394858

" Do you work for(insert company)"

The loser's little violin solo played whenever they're told they agreed to something and should act like a Man or Woman and honor their commitment rather than a petulant little entitled snowflake child.

IF you can show something that in what you agreed to that gave exception for your issue then you're entitled to special treatment.

If not deal with it and don't try and cheap out the next time.

Non-refundable tickets work nearly all the time until something happens and they don't.

Go cheap and belly up to the table, put your money down and let the dice roll.

Thanks for showing people who REAL MEN and WOMEN DO Not act. Thanks for showing people how some people act when they don't want to honor their commitments and want special treatment as a way to whine and weasel their way out.

You banal whine will help others in the future make up their minds as to what kind of ticket they should by. Thanks for sharing....

Marion2017