2.4
Additional Fees
Level of Comfort
Number of Destinations
Quality of Food

SW cancelled our flight on Sept. 22nd from San Diego to Las Vegas non-stop, (about 1 hr.) They re-booked us the day after, Sept 23rd, on a flight that took 4 hours with a layover in Dallas (almost the same time we would have traveled, if we went by car).

Doing so we obviously missed our first night at the hotel in Las Vegas.

At the time of the re-booking we were told by SW to call SW customer relation to have the hotel reimburse as it was their responsibility. needless to say, SW refuse to pay for the hotel stating that they did not book the hotel for us so they were not responsible.

This reviewer shared experience about poor customer service and wants this business to "we are willing to accept the amount paid for the hotel night in credit towards a flight" as the author lost $244. justdanyla is overall dissatisfied with Southwest Airlines. The most disappointing about southwest airlines flight at Southwest Airlines was customer service representatives professionalism Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

This person also mentioned the following companies American Airlines or Jetblue Airways that you may also consider. Also, you can continue reading comments about Southwest Airlines.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Transport category for more informed decision or compare Southwest Airlines to other companies on our site.

Comments

San Diego, California, United States #1238244

So sorry you had to lose that hotel cost...SW should amend their policy to pay when you show proof you booked before flight canceled.

I spent night in airport when my late night flight was canceled, as I had packed my purse in luggage and had no means to book a hotel even if I wanted to. It was only from Phx to San Diego after 9pm so I didnt think I needed anything out of my purse.

One less thing to carry right? AND I had only a dollar on me, couldnt even buy any food or drink OR make a phone call telling my friends I would not be coming in tonite!

A wonderful flight attendant hearing of my situation, had the desk issue me a $10 meal voucher, a personal hygiene kit and a pillow and blanket and a phone call.

Also she whispered where there was a QUIET cubbyhole corner to spend the night away from the crowds...