Additional Fees
Level of Comfort
Number of Destinations
Quality of Food

Stay away from Southwest Airlines!I own & run a travel agency and we work with several airlines world wide.

I am sorry to say, but we never have we experienced such bad service as we have from Southwest. I booked a flight to fly on Dec 2nd from San Diego to Seattle, and return on Sept 5th. Unfortunately I had to postpone my departure one day. Since I had purchased a low price ticket I bought a new one-way ticket for Dec 3rd from SW, and was planning to use the return flight which I originally purchased, which is normal for most airlines.

As expected, I received a cancellation notice from SW since I did not show up from my original departure on Dec 2nd. But here comes the shocker, SW cancelled also my return flight, which I was planning to use. Even if I also had booked a new departure with them, so I had a round trip flight. So, I called their customer service to have them fix it, and got NO help.

I was told the money and flight is lost since I did not show up for my original departure. Not satisfied with this response, I also sent a complaint by mail to SW to give them a chance to redeem themselves. Got the same answer, the flight & the money is lost. But my business means the world to SW.

Right! So I had to also buy a new return flight from Seattle. Needless to say I did not buy a ticket with SW. Neither will I do for the remainder of my days.

I will actually pay more to fly with another airline than to fly with SW.

Furthermore, I will never recommend any of our thousands of customers to fly SW.Rather the opposite, our company will recommend everyone to stay as far as possible away from booking with Southwest Airlines!

AndrePatay wrote the review because of poor customer service at Southwest Airlines. Reviewer claimed that he or she lost $500 and wants Southwest Airlines to issue a full refund.

Also, this reviewer considered the following companies: American Airlines or JetBlue Airways. We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Southwest Airlines and southwest airlines flight 186 for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Had an Experience with Southwest Airlines?

Comments

San Leandro, California, United States #1263707

If you own a travel agent you would know most airlines have that policy.Especially low cost carriers that sell non refundable and non transferable tickets.Also you shoul know to read the rules specific airline.you agreed to the terms and condition and said yes you read them.lf you didnt that is not airlines fault.Also some airline use computer software,that when you ticket is cancelled it is totally deleted out of the system.So it could have been that the customer service agents simply could do nothing to help because your ticket was not there to do anything with,like you never existed.All they can do then is sell you a ticket for that days price.Also airlines and passengers rely on consistency.If they were to bend the rules just for you they would have to for everyone.

to Anonymous San Diego, California, United States #1263800

I do now. But it does not change my opinion or position

LadyScot
to Anonymous Naples, Florida, United States #1263808

If you own a travel agency and you know that dang near every airline has this same policy, then WHY are you even here complaining about it?!

to Anonymous Providence, Rhode Island, United States #1263822

Are you an illegal that just books tickets for people back to their home countries? I would not trust you to make my travel arrangements.

to Anonymous #1366836

Does not change your opinion or position?So I assume you have closed the doors to your travel agency?

Or are only booking road trips?

Because if you are aware that all airlines have this policy, but are still *** and moaning about it, then your business can't be great.There's no way this is a real travel agent.

San Diego, California, United States #1255338

Ps: if you do not have the curtesy to show your identity or name your comments bare no weight!

Ft. Worth, Texas, United States #1255308

Either the poster is not a travel agent or is incompetent. As the other posters stated, cancellation of the entire flight is the policy of almost every American airlines.

Mesa, Arizona, United States #1255280

As a travel agent you should be aware that this is the policy for all airlines. If you no show on a flight your entire flight is cancelled and funds are forfeited.

to Anonymous San Diego, California, United States #1255293

AS I travel agent I know for a fact that this is NOT the policy for all airlines!

LadyScot
to Anonymous Naples, Florida, United States #1264748

Actually, after 9/11 it is. AS for funds being forfeit, however, some airlines will allow you to use those funds on another flight up to one year later. But most do not, especially if you bought a nonrefundable fare.