94 views
Verified Reviewer

Update by user Jan 21, 2020

Legalized robbery- Beware of the teeny-tiny print!!!

Original review posted by user Jan 21, 2020

In August 2019, I purchased a ticket for $231.00. I used residual funds of $28.80 from an old ticket.

I also paid $202.20 in August on my credit card. This was for a flight in September which I was not able to take.

Yesterday, I went to book a flight and use the ticket I purchased in August...and was informed that it had NO value!!! WHAAAT!!!! I was told that, because I had used those residual funds from an older ticket, that the WHOLE ticket I purchased in August had expired on December 25th (not even a month ago) ....even though I had paid $202.20 for the new ticket in August.

But wait!

It gets even better... the agent told me that they would do me a favor or granting me a 6 month extension, but for a $100.00 fee. To me, this is legalized robbery!!!

I could understand forfeiting the $28.80 from the older ticket... but to forfeit 50% of the money I paid less than 6 months ago for the new ticket is just WRONG!!!

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

Southwest Airlines Cons: Deceptive exchange policy, Theft of travel funds.

Comments

#2025105

I suggest you stop payment on your credit card. You have 60 days after you receive your cc statement to put a stop payment. I do it with all vendors that I have a problem with, and 9 out of 10 times the disputed charges are in my favor, Hold them by their balls!

#1920811

You agreed to this can’t complain now

You make your entire complaint worthless by saying "beware of the teeny-tiny print". If it's on there in tiny print, it's still on there.

What kind of person enters into a contract - which you are doing anytime to make a purchase - without reading all the fine print? This one's on you.

"Beware of the teeny-tiny print!!!" Translation: DO NOT agree to terms of service if YOU didn't bother to READ or UNDERSTAND or plan to HONOR them. Thanks for the advice. It will be valuable to those like you who just hit a box and moved on.

Southwest Airlines Reviews