After making a roundtrip reservation in October for my daughter to return to Seattle in December, she wanted to return earlier than on her rountrip ticket.So, I called SWA and spoke to one of their representatives and I made a purchase of an additional one-way ticket.

At the time, the representative advised me to call and cancel her segment from PHX to SEA if she came back on the one way ticket. My daughter did come back home on the one way ticket earlier. On the day of her travel listed on the round-trip ticket from PHX to SEA, I tried to call SWA PRIOR TO HER SCHEDULED flight but wasn't able to get through and was only hold for what seemed like an eternity. I had to disconnect as I was at work and had a telephone conference to attend.

After returning home, I called SWA and explained my situation. I was provided their customer loyalty number of 1-855-234-4654. As it was after 5 p.m., I had to call this department the next day. When I called this number, I spoke to Ms.

J after being placed on hold was informed that I would be losing the entire ticket including the return portion which is still scheduled a month in the future because I failed to cancel 10 minutes prior to their policy. I pointed out to Ms. J that the SWA's "No Show Policy" states; "Customers who fail to cancel reservations for a Wanna Get Away fare SEGMENT at least ten (10) minutes prior to travel and who do not board the flight will be considered a no show, and all remaining unused Wanna Get Away funds will be forfeited. Even through I attempted to cancel the outgoing segment for my daughter prior to the scheduled flight time, I accept responsibility for not doing it a day earlier.

However, for SWA to keep the entire amount of the ticket fare including the return portion is totally unfare and bordering on th**t. Ask yourself, what did SWA' s lose by my daughter not being on the first segment of the flight? The answer is nothing.

They more than likely resold the seat and kept the money from me for this portion.But, what right do they have to keep the return portion of an unused portion of the ticket for a future day?

Review about: Southwest Airlines Customer Care.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

Comments

You did agree to the terms.it clearly says if you fail to cancel 10 min prior all trips on the reservation will be canceled and forfeited.

All of this could have been avoided if you had followed the rules and cancelled on time. I don't feel sorry for you in the least.